10 Ways to Use YouTube in the Classroom
30 Things You Can Do With a YouTube Video
- AlarmTube - Set a time you want to wake up, choose a video you want to hear as you rise, and you're done.
- Audio Library - With the YouTube Audio Library, you can download background music. View by featured, genre, mood, instrument, duration, and favorites.
- Blubbr - Create quizzes with YouTube video.
- ClipGrab - ClipGrab is a free utility to download on your PC. It will convert your YouTube videos into MPEG4, MP3, and other formats.
- EDpuzzle - http://www.edpuzzle.com/
- Grockit Answers - Ask a question and have Grockit locate videos that can help you. Also includes a public Q&A section next to the video so you can post your question or comment (or answer someone's).
- KeepVid - Easily download YouTube videos. Consider using the KeepVid bookmarklet to make it even easier.
- Kideoplayer - Family Safe You Tube
- Lean Back - If you are watching YouTube on your TV, you might find this url helpful in that it allows you to use the arrow keys on your keyboard…no need for a mouse.
- ListenToYouTube - Enter your YouTube URL and this site will create an mp3 file of it that you can download and listen to.
- NicerTube - Interesting way to share YouTube videos. Share your video on a distraction free page with a cute background image.
- QuietTube - Want to share a YouTube (or Viddler or Vimeo) video but don't want all the clutter around it? QuietTube is your answer. Here is an example.
- SafeShare.TV - SafeShare.TV makes it very easy to share YouTube videos with your students - strips out all the adds, relevant videos, etc. Very nice!
- Storyboard Bookmarklet - This cool bookmarklet will create a storyboard of any YouTube video for you to print out.
- TestTube - Check out YouTube's idea incubator site to see what their engineers and developers are thinking up.
- TubeChop - Pull up the YouTube video you want and then set the beginning and ending where you want. It's a 23 minute video but you only want to show 1:47 minutes? No problem with TubeChop. Creates a special link for you just for that section.
- TubeReplay - Watch your favorite YouTube video without having to press replay.
- TubeTrackr - So you are serious about getting your YouTube channel to the next level? Consider taking advantage of YouTubes marketing tools with TubeTrackr.
- Turn a YouTube Video into a GIF - http://gifyoutube.com/new
- ViewPure - Remove the distractions and ads using this tool. Similar to QuiteTube.
- VTubeTools - This form allows you to customize the way your video appears by allowing you to set various parameters and then generating an embed code for you.
- Watch2Gether - Create a private room (free) where you can watch videos simultaneously.
- YouTube Capture - Easily capture video on your iOS device and upload to YouTube.
- YouTube Editor - Do some simple video editing in the cloud with this tool. Combine videos, trim and rotate clips, add text effects and transitions, and more!
- YouTube for Schools - Educate, engage, and inspire your students with high quality educational videos on YouTube in a controlled environment. Sign up for free.
- YouTube Instant Search - Type your search term in the text field and have it auto play the top YouTube video for you.
- YouTube Time - Create a link that sets the starting point of your video with this easy form.
- YouTube Time Machine - Easily search for and find videos from any particular time with this handy tool.
- You3b.com - Why watch only one YouTube video, or even two, when you can watch three at once? Make a triptych of YouTube videos you can watch singly or all at the same time.
- YouTube Doubler - YouTube Doubler will allow you to watch 2 YouTube videos at once. Enter the URLs of both videos, and you're ready to go.